Onesie Makeover

5/23/11

I've been wanting to makeover a baby onesie ever since I saw these lovelies.  (You can see the entire post and all the fun baby shower ideas over at Shutterly Lovely.)

I love all the cute and original ideas that went into the onsies in the above picture.  So, when I got an invite to an upcoming baby shower I wanted to give it a try.  Here is what I ended up doing.
 
A little dinosaur with dino tracks.  I think it's so cute.  I especially love the little tracks across the bum :)

 This is such an easy project that anyone can do.  It's really on no fail craft!  All you need is a template of the image you want to use.  I looked online to see if I could find an image I liked, but ended up drawing my own.
I also ended up using Heat n' Bond to adhere my fabric cutout to the onesie, but you could also use fabric glue.
Then, all you need to do is follow the directions on the package. 
Once the Heat n' Bond was on my fabric I traced my dinosaur and footprints onto it and cut them out.
Then, I placed them where I wanted them to be and ironed them on.  So quick and easy.
Because I know how often little onesies get washed I wanted to secure everything down.  So, I did a quick little zig-zag stitch around the dinosaur.  (The footprints were a bit too intricate to stitch around)
And, that's it.  Such a fun way to cuten up a plain little onesie.  And such a fun thing for a group of gals to do at any baby shower!

2 comments:

{leah} said...

cute idea!!! I'm wondering if you are sewing retarded... like me... do you think you could use something like puffpaint to add something extra to the edges?

Camie said...

Why not!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...