Fall Centerpiece

11/18/10

This project was really easy and cost me about $5.00 to make.  I've seen things like this at Walmart and Target, but they were never quite want I wanted and the price was never right.  So, once again I decided to hit the dollar store and make my own.  (My mom joined in on the fun)

Here is what you'll need:
*A styrofoam pumpkin
*A variety of floral stems and other fall items (pine cones, leaves, berry clusters, etc.)
*A hot glue gun
*A knife

First, I cut off the top part of the pumpkin.  This will give you a place to stick some of the floral items.  I actually placed very few items directly into the pumpkin.
Then, I glued on a few green leaves to the top of the pumpkin and slowly started adding in all of my floral stems and fall items.  I added everything one item at a time to makes sure it was full enough and balanced.  I then finished it off by filling in any empty areas with the green stems that are sticking out.

(If you're uncomfortable starting something like this by yourself have a friend join in on the fun to provide ideas and help.  My mom has done several projects like this and she had some great insight.)

Once your pumpkin is done go ahead and use it as a center piece or simply add it to your fall decor.




Love Notes by Lauryn

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...