My Finished Quilt

6/2/11


I have been meaning to post this for sometime now.  I've actually had this quilt finished in time for Christmas last year, but I just never got around to posting it.


As you can tell, I saw this quilt in this book, fell in love with it, and wanted it.  I loved everything about it and when I went fabric shopping, I did everything in my power to match the fabrics as close as possible to the original.  And the finished product is very close to a perfect match.

I love my quilt, but what if they hadn't done it that way.  What if they had done it in Halloween colors?  Would I have seen the potential?  Would I have fallen in love with it?  Probably not.  I am, what I call, a "copy cat quilter".  I have to see something done in a way that I would like in order to do it.  And if I see something I like, I don't want to stray from it.  I'm a little bit of a perfectionist when it comes to things like that.  But I have decided that it's time to change!

For those of you who don't know, I just recently had a baby girl!  After having three boys, I am thrilled and anxious to start making "girly" things for her.  A few months ago, I saw this quilt in this quilt book.  Again, I fell in love with it.  I knew that I wanted to make it for my daughter's room, but there was a small problem.  I knew that I wouldn't be decorating her room in pink and brown.  What was I going to do now?


I decided to get inspired!  I went to the Fat Quarter Shop to look for an inspiration fabric for her room and found this.  It was perfect.  So I bought a bunch of it for her room and I will use it when I go shopping for her quilt fabric.  I am really nervous about breaking away from my "copy cat quilting", but also very excited.  I'll show you the end result...keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...