Chic Composition

8/15/11

School is right around the corner for a lot of us and has already started for the rest of us. So, I honor of the kids being back to school I wanted to share this fun little project with you. Stylish composition notebooks.
Since I only have girls I went I a little girly with the glitter and rhinestones, but I'm dying to make one a bit more masculine too.  I thought this would be a great way for kids to spice up their normally drab composition books and also a great way to personalize them.  And, let's not forget that the pockets can be used to hold pencils, pens, scissors, gum, cell phones, or any other item that your kids want to stash in there.  The possibilities with this project are really limitless. These would also make great gifts, journals, or sketch books.

All you need for this project are some composition books that can be found at Walmart right now for only $.40, some old jeans with the pockets cut out, and any crafts supplies that you would like to use to decorate your jean pockets with.  I was able to use stuff that I already had on hand.
I decided to use pockets that had buttons for my two girls.  They are still little and only need a couple of colored pencils to stick in their pockets.  The buttons limit the amount of storage space unless you undo the button.  With one of my pockets I decided to use some Heat n' Bond to apply some fabric flowers.
Then I used ribbon, buttons, rhinestones, letters, glitter, and lots of glue to embellish the pockets and give them a little pop.  Once my pockets were put together the way I wanted them I simply stcuk them onto the front of the notebook with some hot glue. 


I'm super happy with the way they turned out and my girls can't get enough of them.  So, there you have it. Chic composition notebooks that are unique, versatile, and take no time at all to put together. 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...