A Halloween Treat::Devil’s Food Cake Mix Cookies with Butterscotch Chips

10/26/11

I've recently been making my chocolate chip cookies with cake mixes instead of the regular flour, butter, and vanilla that most recipes call for.  I love how fast they are to make (since all I'm doing is opening up a box and adding a few ingredients) and how soft and chewy they seem to stay as the days go by. 
The great thing about using a cake mix is the option you have to use a variety of flavors...and colors for that matter.  For the cookies above I simply used a Devil's Food cake mix and added in some butterscotch chips.  I was going for a festive look.
Here are a few recipes that I've found online and have been using to make these types of cookies.  However, I've played around with them a bit and continue to make adjustments here and there. 

__________________________________

INGREDIENTS:
1 box of cake mix (any flavor or brand)
2/3 cup oil
1 egg
Add any extras you want - nuts, raisins, chocolate chips.

DIRECTIONS:
Mix ingredients well. Form into medium size balls and flatten slightly. Use ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees (until edges are brown), about 8-10 minutes.

VARIATION:
Instead of oil add 8 ounce cream cheese, 1-2 eggs, and 1 stick butter and mix well.
__________________________________

INGREDIENTS:
1 cake mix (any flavor or brand)
2 eggs
3/4 c. oil  (I've cut this amount to 1/2 c.)
1/2 c. brown sugar  (optional....I've only been using 1/4 c.)
dash of salt
1 c. chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
Mix ingredients well. Form into medium size balls and flatten slightly. Use ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees (until edges are brown), about 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...