Alpha Ornaments

11/21/11

Is it too early for Christmas Ornaments?  Not in my perfect world.  If it were up to me, I'd put up my tree after Halloween.  I think that having my tree up during Thanksgiving is so warm and homey.  Plus, this gives everyone a chance to work on them.

Last year I was inspired by Camie's Personalized Glitter Ornaments, but I didn't want to deal with all the glitter, so I decided to use scrapbook paper instead.  And instead of using wood letters, I found  Chip Board Letters at Hobby Lobby for $1.  I liked the font type a lot better, and they turned out great.


First I did only the kids, but I loved them so much that I had to do one for my husband and I.

Here's how I did it:

Get Chip Board Letters, Scrapbook Paper, Mod Podge, Sponge Brush, Scissors, Sand Paper, Ribbon, and a Butter Knife.

Use the Butter Knife to separate the third layer of Chip Board away from the the other two.  This makes it so that you can later put the ribbon in between the layers.  That will help it to hang straighter.

Brush on the Mod Podge onto the front of the letter.  Place it onto the back of the paper.  Make sure to turn it over and smooth out any bubbles.

Cut away as much excess paper as possible.

Sand away the remaining paper.

Mod Podge the ribbon and the back piece from the Chip Board.  Squeeze them together and wipe away any excess Mod Podge from the edges.

Hang it up when it's dry.  So simple and super cute!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...