Easy Bread Recipe

1/21/12

I love making bread, I love the smell and the warmth of fresh bread, but I like having an easy recipe that is quick to make. And it's pretty versatile as far as what type of flour that you use.

2 Cups warm water {100 degrees F}
2/3 Cup sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons Active Dry Yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 Cup vegetable oil
6 Cups bread flour

In a large bowl dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to poof until yeast resembles a creamy foam. {For me it takes about 10 minutes}

Mix salt and oil into the poofy yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time until dough pulls away from the bowl and is smooth. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface. Leave on counter and put a big bowl over the top and let rest for about 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 170 degrees F.

Grease loaf pan {I can usually get 2 loaves of of it} roll bread and put into loaf pan. Put into the bread into the oven and turn the oven OFF for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes turn the oven on to 350 degrees *keep the bread in the oven while the oven preheats* cook for another 30 minutes.

When it is done take the bread out of the bread pan and butter the top.


Here is the fun part.... you can use half whole-wheat and half bread flour. You can do all 6 cups of whole-wheat. The other day I even used bean flour. I ground my own bean and used that. I did have to add a little bit of gluten when I used the bean flour. It turned out really good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...