Foam Board

2/22/12


Recently, I have been adding artwork around the house. Canvas can be expensive. And Karena did a post, Canvas Alternative, about using MDF as an alternative, but I am going to take it a step further. If you are looking for an inexpensive, quick solution...the answer is foam board.

Form Board isn't as strong as canvas or MDF, but it's lightweight which makes it cheap to hang.  Granted, this solution won't work for every project, but here are a few I did and they turned out great.  I loved making this photo collage for my newlywed brother and his wife.  It turned out so cute and they loved it.  It was a great way to fill a wall space for little money.  This comes in handy when you are newly married and can't afford much, if your on a tight budget, or just like to have more money in your wallet!


These next two I made for my daughters' rooms.  Just like canvas and MDF, the options are limitless on the art you can create.


1 comment:

Brooke said...

I love using foam board! I'm having a giveaway on my blog for two pictures I made on pieces of Elmer's foam board. Love that stuff; it's cheap and I can usually get it to fit in a regular picture frame as long as I take out the extra "filler" cardboard or foam that frames usually come with.
I love the sweet trees you made for your daughters!
www.inside-outdesign.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...