this tutorial I decided that I had to try it out for myself.
Disclaimer: My mom was a huge help in completing this makeover. She had originally come to help me crank out a ton of projects that I've been working on for my girls for Christmas. However, I ended up having the stomach flu for most of her visit, so she actually ended up doing a good portion of the projects while I sat and watched. Thanks for you help mom! I really couldn't have done it without you.
With that being said, here are the final results:
1. Cut off the original fabric paying close attention to how it was originally attached.
2. Took lots of pictures so we would know how to put every piece together.
4. We then laid out the pieces of old fabric onto the new fabric and cut out our pieces of fabric. (We reinforced our new fabric with some muslin that I had lying around. That helped make the new stroller more sturdy)
We opted to change the original buckle that the stroller had for some velcro straps. That way my girls (who are still really young) can actually fasten them without needing me to do it for them.