Artwork on a Budget

1/27/11

I hate to spend more money than I need to. Especially when it's something that I can put together on my own. That being said, I also don't mind spending money on something that I absolutely love and feel it's worth spending my money on. Like these canvas prints.


  

I served a mission in France and these prints are amazingly accurate as to how parts of my mission looked.  Particularly the blue street numbers on the buildings.  Because these have a sentimental value to me they were worth the unspeakable amount of money that I spent on them. 

But, I've found that I can take something with just as much personal value and make it look just as good.  For example:
These are postcards from France that my brother and sis-in-law picked up for me on a trip they took.  I specifically asked them to find me some sepia tone or black and white postcards that would be nice enough to frame.  They couldn't have chosen anything better.  I found the frames at a local dollar store, mounted the postcards onto the light and dark card stock, then used some decorative ribbon as a border between the two colors of card stock.
But, if you're unable to have a friend bring you back some postcards of Europe, don't hesitate to use pictures that you've taken, or even pictures from a magazine.
 I didn't take this picture, but this will give you and idea on what you can accomplish with personal photos.  These next two pictures were simply cut out of the monthly Ensign magazine that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints puts out.
 There you have.  Simple ways to decorate your home without breaking the bank.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...