Thrift Store Find

2/22/11

I found this great little pair of Converse shoes at the thrift store for only $2.00.  I know, can you believe it.  They were in pretty good condition and were a huge hit with my little girl, so we went ahead and got them. 
Once I brought them home I decided they could use a little bit of a wipe down.  Like I said before, they were in really good condition, but had those familiar "broken in" dingy scuff marks all over them.  The shoe laces were on the dingy side as well, and the actual fabric had a few areas that needed a hit with some Spray n' Wash. 

So, the shoe laces took a quick soak in a bleach/detergent bath.  The white rubber potion of the shoes got a quick (and I mean super quick) rub down with these handy dandy, can't live with out you, sponges.
(If you have not used these yet, you are missing out on their amazing Magic.  Yep, I said it...MAGIC!!!)

Then, I sprayed the fabric with my good ol' stain remover, scrubbed them a little with a rag and some detergent, rinsed everything out, and popped them in the dryer.  Here if the final result.
 
A practically brand new pair of Converse shoes.  I was midway through this little shoe makeover before I realized I should have taken some before shots.  Oh well, you'll just have to believe me when I say that they look much better.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...