Valentine Cell Phones

2/1/11


What you need:
  • Printer that can handle printing on cardstock
  • 8.5 x 11 grey cardstock
  • Necco button candy (I got mine at Amazon, but you can try Walgreens)
  • Scissors
  • Adhesive (I used mounting squares so the candy could be removed easily)
  • Heart Stickers
  • Pixie Sticks, Smarties, or medium sized Tootsie Rolls
  • Tape
Yes, I am making "phoney" Valentines!  I saw this idea last year at Disney Family Fun, but I made a few changes.  I didn't have time to do it last year, so, I planned in advance this time.  But when I went to the website, I was a little disappointed that they didn't have a template to print off.  No template?  No problem.  I made my own and FREE for your printing pleasure (non-commercial use only).  With the help of the template, this is a relatively fast and a very easy project.  Just click on the image to see it in full size.


I used grey cardstock because I could print my template onto it.  If you get something that has a shimmer to it, your ink will smudge.  Cardstock is the best bet because it is think enough to hold the candy and it is the same color on both sides...so when you open the phone you won't see a different color or no color at all.  Also, I've never had a problem with my printer handling cardstock, but some printers may not be cooperative.  If you have any problems, try Kinkos or any other printing place.


I then made these for the texting windows.  For the girls..."CALL ME UR VTINE!" in pink and the boys "U R G8!" in blue, with a little "Message Sent From: 'Child's Name' " at the bottom.  And all the kids needed their names on the front.  Here is the template for the texting windows.  You can go into Photoshop and add your own text or cut them out and write them out by hand. Just click on the images to see in full size.


I simply cut everything out, folded the cardstock to create the phone, adhered the texting windows to the cardstock, added a heart sticker, adhered the button candy, and taped a roll of Smarties onto the back for the antennae.  This project took a little bit of time, but was super easy.  My boys thought these were the coolest things ever and they can't wait to take them to their classmates!



Beneath the Rowan Tree
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...