Girl's Camp "Flashlight" {Flag}

6/20/12


Shortly after I called to a Beehive Adviser, I was also called to be the Ward Camp Director.  I LOVE Girl's Camp.  I have been wanted to serve in Young Women's for a long time mostly so that I could go to camp.  I just wanted to kick back and enjoy it, but that doesn't happen when you need to get paperwork, collect money, and come up with all the fun ideas and devotionals.

The Young Women's theme this year has been "Arise and Shine Forth".  So, it wasn't surprising when our Girl's Camp theme was "Ignite the Light".  Our stake assigned each ward a light source.  Our ward was the flashlight.  When I first heard it, I thought "BORING!"  But when the wheels got turning, things started coming together and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

The best thing about this, is that it is totally something that would work for any Girl's Camp because you always have flashlights.  This would be a great idea for mutual as well.  I will totally use this sometime in the future.

First off, I would like to show you the design for the ward flag.

Flag:

With a projector and a sheet, we blew up the image and penciled in the lines.  Then all it took was a little fabric paint and some gems to turn it into something fabulous!  And yes, we used a little bit of glitter fabric paint.  Glitter fabric paint is a little more opaque, so you need to do several coats.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...