Rump...A Must Read!

4/29/13

I am thrilled to announce that one of my good friends has published her first novel.
Liesl Shurtliff
 Her book debuted on April 9th, and I just purchased it at one of her book signings.  I've read it and I'm happy to say that my friend is very talented.  She has created a book that I will read to my kids many times over.

It's the charming story of the heroic Rump who goes on a quest to find the rest of his name.  In most cases, Rumpelstiltskin is the nemesis, but this new twist is playful and makes you root for the boy with the awkward name.

If you loved Ella Enchanted, The Princess Academy, or The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, this will be the new family favorite.  I read it in two days and am reading it a second time with my kids.  It's charming and clever, and the writing is easy and impeccable.  I couldn't imagine a book that would retell the story of Rumpelstiltskin that would convince me that his side of the story was better and a lot more fun.  I loved it and I can't wait for her next book.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...