Pain Au Chocolat

11/5/10


Pain Au Chocolat is French for Chocolate Bread. This is one of the many French patisseries that I had on my mission, and was probably one of my favorites. As you can see from the image below, the bread resembles that of a croissant (light and flaky) and has chocolate baked into the middle of it. YUMMY!  Towards the end of my mission I would have one of these almost every day and as you can imagine I became very addicted to this sweet treat of mine. Lucky for me one of my companions had a simple recipe that tastes just like the real thing.  


This makes a great Family Night treat and is a great recipe for the kids to try out.
Pain Au Chocolat

Ingredients:
1-2 pkgs. Pillsbury Dough croissants (depends on the size of your family)
1 bag milk chocolate chips (semi-sweet will work, but not as tasty)


Optional:confectioners sugar to sprinkle on top
1 large egg beaten and blended with 1 tablespoon water (for glaze-I've never tried this)

Directions:
1. Open and unroll the croissants onto a cookie sheet.
2. Place a small amount of the chocolate chips on the larger end of the triangle.
  

3. Starting at the large end, roll up your croissants like you normally would. (Your chocolate chips may start to fall out, so go slowly and just push them back in.)
4. Curve your croissants into a half moon shape.

5. If you want to use the egg glaze just brush it over the tops of your croissants prior to baking
6. Follow the baking instructions on the Pillsbury Dough pkg.
7. Let them cool for a few minutes, but make sure you serve them warm.
And there you have it. Pain Au Chocolate with an American twist. There are some more authentic and elegant recipes online, but this is quick and easy, and like I said before, kid friendly. Well I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
BON APPETIT everyone!!!!






3 comments:

Connie said...

They had these in Russia too, but the croissant part was chocolate as well. MMm, can't wait to try these!

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

Thank You for sharing your recipes with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I would love to see more of your recipes tomorrow!
Thanks,
I hope to see you there!

Nicole Feliciano said...

So pretty, we head to paris in a month and I am always a croissant eater. Thanks for this. So glad I stopped by Muffin Monday link and fond you. And if you get a chance, please swing by my linky (Friday Food) and share this recipe.

http://www.momtrends.com/2011/10/friday-food-pumpkin-spice-cupcakes-recipe-linky/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...