Festive Frames

10/11/10

I saw this done here and thought it was a great way to add a little something extra to your seasonal decor.  It's also a great way to add some spice without spending too much.  I ended up doing my project a little different from the one I originally saw.  I kept it simple and just used plain old scrapbook paper for the entire craft. 
What you'll need:
Scrapbook paper
Frame (any size)  I just used an old one I had lying around
Embellishments: ribbon, twine, wood cut outs, buttons, whatever you have lying around
Double sided tape or Modge Podge

First I used the glass from the frame to figure out how large I would need to cut the back paper.
Next I printed what I wanted my picture to say directly onto my scrapbook paper.  Then I used the matte to figure out how large I needed to make the middle portion.  Once that was done I distressed the edges of the middle portion and glued it to the larger paper.  Then I free handed the 5 cents, distressed that and glued it over a mistake I made.  (Love it when you can cover up those little "oops" that tend to happen!) 
There you have it; a fun and simple way to reuse and old frame for the holidays.



Love Notes by Lauryn

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...