My Take on a Framed Bow Holder

6/6/11


I loved the looks of the wire bow holders, but I wanted something a little more antiqued.  I saw this idea over the holiday weekend and I just had to make it for my baby girl.  I saw it as a jewelry holder and I thought it was perfect...it can be a bow holder now and a jewelry holder later!

First I picked out my metal.  You can find these aluminum sheets at Home Depot.  Beware, not all Home Depots carry them.  Go online or call your local store to see if they carry it.  They have a couple different to choose from.  I could've gone a little cheaper, but I loved the design in this one.  The one I got only came in a 1'x2' size.  A few of the other designs came in larger sheets.

So, I bought my sheet and I had an old picture that was ready for a redo.  Don't worry, I kept the proclamation.

I had my husband cut the sheet down to the right size with his wire cutters.  He just has a little more muscle then I do.  This was a little tricky.  We had to bend the remnant metal out of the way.  Then I painted and distressed my frame.

It took me a little time to figure out how I was going to attach the metal.  After some trial and error, I found that hot glue was the answer.  Lay the frame down, set in the sheet of metal, then hot glue in the seams like you're caulking, and voila...it's beautiful!

I love they way it came together and it looks great in her room.

Here are some pictures of other versions I found online.  Click on the pictures to go to their site.

Life's Sweeter With Chocolate

Design Gal and her Handy Man

Lost Button Studio

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...