Book Art

4/11/12

 I have always enjoyed Calvin and Hobbes.  My brother and sister would cut out some of them to turn them into cards, calendars, and things to paste up in our bedroom or bathroom.  So, I few years ago, I bought several of the paperback books.  Years passed and I had barely looked at them.

 One day, as I was spring cleaning, I ran across the books again.  I began reading and reminiscing.  My oldest son came over and started reading them too.  He really enjoyed them.  I decided to do the unthinkable.  I tore some of his and my favorites out of the book and decided to make a this.

 If we weren't renting, this wall would be painted.  So this project doesn't look as good...yet.  For now it's still great.  He loves the pops of color and and the stories.  I love that I bought these frames for $1 and already had the books.  The pictures were 100% free and the project only cost me $12.

The best part about this is that you can use any book you want.  You could use sheet music, a children's favorite book, children's artwork, encyclopedia pages, you could even do the book covers of several different books.  The possibilities aren't endless, but it's pretty darn close.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...